The ancient wisdom of Scripture has a lot to teach us about communicating with others.
Posted in , Sep 11, 2019
The Bible is a book about relationships. Shortly after God created heaven and earth, He created humans. Scripture tells the story of God’s love for and relationship with humanity, in addition to many other relationship stories. These stories can help us today by offering guidance on inspiring and sustaining personal connections in our lives.
In particular, Proverbs offer practical interpersonal skills and wisdom on how to best relate with one another. These verses offer counsel on: managing our emotions, communicating openly with one another, loving and raising children and dealing with our enemies.
Here are some Bible verses to read when working on the relationships in your life:
1) Some people make cutting remarks, but words of the wise bring healing. (Proverbs 12:18)
2) Those who control their anger have great understanding; those with hasty temper will make mistakes. (Proverbs 17:14)
3) The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense. (Proverbs 27:9)
4) Teach your children to choose the right path, and when they are older, they will remain upon it. (Proverbs 22:6)
5) Honor your father and mother. Then you will live a long, full life in the land the Lord your God will give you. (Exodus 20:12)
6) Do for others what you would like them to do for you. This is a summary of all that is taught in the law and the prophets. (Matthew 7:12)
Strong relationships take time to build; there is no fast track. Thankfully, the ancient wisdom of Scripture has a lot to teach us in making the best of our relationships.
What is your favorite proverb or text on relationships?