This recipe feeds two, but it’s easy to double or triple it for summer entertaining, and broccoli makes the perfect side.
- Posted on Jun 25, 2020
My husband, John, and I moved to Rhode Island shortly after we got married. Rhode Island offered tons of fresh seafood, but so much of it was fried. I wanted a healthier option. Enter baked lemon cod, which has become a staple in our household.
|1 lb. cod fillets|
|1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced|
|Juice of 1 lemon|
|½ c. white wine|
|½ tsp. red pepper flakes, plus more for seasoning|
|1 c. bread crumbs|
|⅛ c. butter|
|Small handful parsley, chopped|
|½ head broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Sauté onions in olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat until translucent, being careful not to let them brown.
2. Add half the lemon juice, the wine and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
3. Pour onion-and-wine mixture into an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan and lay cod on top; set aside.
4. In the still-warm skillet, melt the butter, then add the remaining lemon juice and mix; pour over bread crumbs and mix until moist.
5. Cover fish with the moistened bread crumb mixture. Bake for 18 to 25 minutes.
6. Place broccoli in a steamer and cook 5 to 8 minutes or to desired tenderness.
7. Season with red pepper fl akes, to taste, and sprinkle with shaved Parmesan. Plate and serve with cod.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 940; Fat: 27g; Cholesterol: 130mg; Sodium: 1020mg; Total Carbohydrates: 99g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugars: 14g; Protein: 62g.