A military mom shares what she's learned from having a loved one serve our country.
Posted in , Feb 9, 2016
I count it a privilege that my family has someone who served in the military. It’s given me a life perspective that has stood me in good stead throughout many different situations and circumstances.
Today I’d like to share some of what I’ve learned:
1) Treasure each day and the blessings it contains.
2) Do not take time together for granted.
3) Hard times make us stronger.
4) Sharing our struggles makes them lighter.
5) When I need help, I have to ask for it; those around me really can’t read minds.
6) God is always there when I need Him.
7) Focus on others instead of myself.
8) A sense of humor is a valuable coping tool.
9) Courage is sometimes nothing more than not giving up.
10) I’m not in control and that’s okay. God can be trusted with those I care most about.