Just like our physical bodies need to stay hydrated, so does our spirit.
Just like the body must stay hydrated during physical activities, we must also “be hydrated in our spirits,” as author Max Lucado says, to keep our passion for God alive. Psalm 42:1 states, “As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.” We are all spiritual beings in physical bodies. When we're passionate about God, in each of us there is a unique spiritual thirst to be closer to Him.
How do we quench our thirst for the spiritual and divine? Here are eight ways for you to try:
1. Praying in solitude or with others
2. Reading sacred text…for some it’s the Bible
3. Journaling about life’s struggles and unanswered questions
4. Reflecting on spiritual content
5. Helping others within and outside of your community
6. Taking a spiritual pilgrimage to the Holy Land or other place<
7. Attending weekly worship services
8. Taking daily walks and talks with God
The closer we get to God, the more we yearn for Him, as the deer pants for streams of water. God satisfies our thirst so we can stay spiritually healthy and faithful to Him. How do you satisfy your spiritual thirst? Share with us.